"Earth’s distant orb appeared the smallest light that twinkles in the heaven; whilst round the chariot’s way innumerable systems rolled and countless spheres diffused an ever-varying glory. It was a sight of wonder: some were hornèd like the crescent moon; some shed a mild and silver beam like Hesperus o'er the western sea; some dashed athwart with trains of flame, like worlds to death and ruin driven; some shone like suns, and as the chariot passed, eclipsed all other light." From "Queen Mab" by Percy Bysshe Shelley (1813)

Wednesday 14 April 2010

The Folk Art Of Cactus County #12

I’ve been a very busy bee recently and have completed some more paintings. They’re quite small. I’ve been collecting some cheap frames from charity shops for a while now with the intention of making paintings to go in them. Here’s the first crop.
You can see individual close ups of each of them on my Flickr site. I’ve got into something of a groove with the painting and just can’t stop. However, I had planned that each piece I painted would also have a piece of writing to go with it and I’m way behind on that. I really need to get on with it but the lure of the canvas is very strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment