"Earth’s distant orb appeared the smallest light that twinkles in the heaven; whilst round the chariot’s way innumerable systems rolled and countless spheres diffused an ever-varying glory. It was a sight of wonder: some were hornèd like the crescent moon; some shed a mild and silver beam like Hesperus o'er the western sea; some dashed athwart with trains of flame, like worlds to death and ruin driven; some shone like suns, and as the chariot passed, eclipsed all other light." From "Queen Mab" by Percy Bysshe Shelley (1813)

Monday 8 March 2010

Defence Until Dawn

In response to my blog about my love of books and particularly my love of shopping for books, my lovely auntie Christine has asked me to keep an eye out for a book for her. It's called "Defence Until Dawn" by Leslie Hunt, and is the story of 488 NZ Squadron, who were night-fighters during World War II. She has an uncle who served in that very squadron. So the hunt is on. If you know anything more about this book or where I can get hold of a copy, then please do let me know.

Suggested reading: "Defence Until Dawn" by Leslie Hunt

5 comments:

  1. Fame at last.

    Thank you Space Cadet. One minor thing - you might want to apologise to my uncle.....he's still alive and I don't know how happy he would be to be referred to in the past tense just yet !! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Christine, I've changed the wording now, so he's back with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://www.antiqbook.co.uk/boox/stmary/050324.shtml only £65

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Neil but that's a little more than Christine wants to spend. If you see it for between £30-£40 then let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Umm Christine - Have you found a copy?
    I have a copy, not for sale but I am willing to loan if you live in the Auckland area.
    you can pm me at:
    tony.mcdonald50 (at) gmail (dot) com

    Cheers
    Tony

    ReplyDelete