"Earth’s distant orb appeared the smallest light that twinkles in the heaven; whilst round the chariot’s way innumerable systems rolled and countless spheres diffused an ever-varying glory. It was a sight of wonder: some were hornèd like the crescent moon; some shed a mild and silver beam like Hesperus o'er the western sea; some dashed athwart with trains of flame, like worlds to death and ruin driven; some shone like suns, and as the chariot passed, eclipsed all other light." From "Queen Mab" by Percy Bysshe Shelley (1813)

Sunday 19 September 2010

Show’s Over, There’s Nothing To See Here

The week of my first exhibition has come and gone. It went by so quickly. I suppose it’s bound to feel like that, especially after locking myself away to paint and create for just over a year. It certainly was the most important week of the year for me and, as I mentioned in the last blog, the positive comments came as something of a validation of the work and the concept behind it. I loved being in the gallery, the whole experience was amazing. I hope I get a chance to do it again soon.

Mrs Kitsch and I are a bit knackered after such an intense week and I think we’re entitled to a short break now. We’re off to the Bengal Raj for a celebratory meal tonight, which I’m looking forward to.

So what’s next? Well, I really have to get myself a job, so I’ll be looking into that. I’ll continue painting and I have a great idea for an art show involving music and members of the public, which I’m quite excited about. I just need to persuade a gallery to let me do it.

Thanks if you came along to the show this week. Even bigger thanks if you bought some of my work. If you didn’t make this time, I hope to see you at the next one. Watch this space.

Suggested reading: “The Observer’s Book of Cacti” by S.H. Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment